Wednesday, January 7, 2009

filling up the holidays

well today is another day in the ol' office chair. It's been 55 min and I can already feel the headache creeping up the back of my neck, throbbing into my temples. Must be my bad posture. Today is my review. Can't say it'll be good as both me and my "boss" know there's absolutely nothing to do around here except surf the net and blog as I am now. It was his idea. At least when I blog it looks like i'm busy, typing away with a concentrated look on my face. That would be for the people up stairs.

This is my 3rd day back from a 2 week christmas holiday, and I gotta say, it feels like i never left. It was a good holiday. I got lots done. I painted my bathroom and Den. My little dog, teddy, likes to chew on the corners of the wall/trim, so I had to fill the corners in and re-paint. I didn't have any paint to match the old so I have to give it a fresh new look. I was worried I would be completely bored for the 2 weeks, as my close friend and whole family went to Maui this christmas without me (i don't like to think about that), and my husband worked almost every day as his family owns a furniture business, and you can't take boxing week off, now can you?
I also built a 500 pc puzzle but it took me only a couple hours. I ended up buying 2 more 750 pc puzzles, but never did get around to them once I started painting.
I was hoping to paint again, and I mean paint a picture on a canvas, not a boring wall. I had some pictures picked out, but again, never got around to it. I use to paint quite abit...well okay, that's a lie. I would start paintings, but it was always hard to finish them. I need to be inspried when I paint, and if i lose that, than i slack off.

I love the artist Edward Winkleman. His paintings are fantastic.
This is one of the ones I wanted to paint...this one I love...it reminds me of me and what I love. A nice summer dress, a beach chair and and ocean. That's all you need. I think I should actually do this one...this is inspiration to me! It makes me feel peace and tranquility just looking at it. Its so simple.

No comments: